Tuesday, May 29, 2012

1st time I tied a 蝇头YingTou knot & re-attached a silk string to my Guqin

The first time the 7th string (thinnest) showed signs of distress. Only 2 strands in this silk string were holding up. The rest of the strands in this silk string have already snapped.

So I snipped the knot off neatly using a pair of scissors.
Next, I removed the silk string from the "goose foot" at the bottom of the Guqin. As you can see, there's still lots of excess silk string left. I just need to tie another "ying tou" knot and attach the same silk string to the "rong kou", and it'd be as good as new!

I re-tied a ying tou knot using this very useful diagram found from this URL http://hiphotos.baidu.com/%C7%D9%B5%C0/pic/item/cda2270635dd327403088166.jpg

After re-attaching the newly tied "ying tou" knot to the rong kou, I re-tied the silk string to the goose foot, and it's really for tuning and playing!



No comments:

Post a Comment