Thursday, September 20, 2012

Video 21: First time playing Taigu guqin silk strings


[NOTE: Please kindly use earphones if you really want to hear what these Taigu silk strings really sound like. Thank you.]

What really surprised me was that the thickest first string was already at the pitch of C, even without attempting to tune it up after mounting the silk string.



















This means that Taigu silk strings are capable of being easily tuned to the same pitch as metal-nylon strings. Other brands of silk strings I have tried (Hu-Qiu) and (Jin Wu) can only be tuned to B-flat on the thickest 1st string, without the 7th (thinnest) string breaking.

No reverb or any kind of effects was used. The audio that you hear was recorded by placing the microphone (mounted on a small tripod) below the smaller sound hole of my guqin.

The tune you hear in the video is just a bunch of riffs I made up by noodling around on my guqin. It's not any particular tune. *smile*

There's clearly some kind of voodoo magic in 'em Taigu silk strings. haha LOL

All I want to say is: from now on, I'd always insist on using Taigu brand guqin silk strings. Yes, they really are *that* awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment