Monday, April 22, 2013

Mon 22 April 2013-ordered a banana leaf-shaped guqin from Sichuan maker over the internet

I just ordered a banana leaf-shaped guqin over the internet from a guqin maker in Sichuan PRC.

This is my own little way of showing support to the victims of Sichuan earthquake on Saturday April 20th 2013.

This is the picture of the guqin (posted by the Sichuan guqin shop before the earthquake happened). I do not know if the guqin maker's location was affected or whether the delivery can be made. It doesn't matter. I just hope my purchase may contribute in some small way to the guqin maker's livelihood.

I'd post an update on this blog if/when this guqin arrives in my hands in Singapore.

[Latest update (Wednesday 24 April 2013): the Singapore Taobao agent emailed me .to inform  The seller in Sichuan said that this guqin is 'out of stock', so I guess this guqin and I were not fated to be together. hahaha. Nevermind, I'd just pick another guqin from Sichuan then. hahaha. LOL]


2 comments:

  1. This is cool! How much does it cost?
    -June

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was RMB15K excluding shipping. I placed an order via www.sgshop.com.sg (but its website has been down for upgrading since after I placed my order, strange. haha). I chose sea-freight as I was worried that the guqin might crack in air freight due to air pressure changes causing the top and bottom of the guqin (which were made of different kinds of wood) to separate. hahaha LOL

    ReplyDelete