Thursday, May 16, 2013

Banana leaf shaped guqin collected from Sgshop.com.sg

Yes! I have self collected my banana leaf shaped guqin from SgShop's office. They  let me use their claw hammer to dismantle the crate, but I had to carry the wood of the crate home too as I was not allowed to discard the dismantled crate in UB One. 

The good news is: now I know Sgshop.com.sg can be relied on to transport a guqin from China to Singapore. Haha. It took a total of 21 days to journey from Sichuan to Singapore. However, I am really happy. It means that my daughters can now play guqin together with me or with each other, since now I have 2 guqins. Hahah
















2 comments:

  1. Hi Shawn! So happy for you! Looks good. How is the sound quality? And when you recieved it, were the 弦 already上好了吗? -June

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks June! Yes, the guqin came mounted with metal-nylon strings, but I'd remove the metal strings and swap them for silk strings soon next week. It sounds loud with metal strings, so hopefully it won't sound too soft with silk strings. haha

    ReplyDelete