Saturday, July 20, 2013

昙花 tan2 hua1

Last night on Friday 19th July 2013, when I was playing the qin, this flower was also blossoming so it was harvested into a small vase since it will blossom fully at night and wither by next morning anyway. *smile*

Thanks to friends on Facebook for telling me what kind of flower it was! *smile*


Chen Ruixi: Epiphyllum oxypetalum

Yuan Rong: 昙花 tan2 hua1

Shuengit Chow: Queen of the night


I have learned something new from all of you! Thank you! ^_^






I had gone to bed before it fully bloomed. You can see from this youtube video what is supposed to look like when it's fully bloomed. Much more magnificent! (thanks to Shuengit Chow for sharing this video with me!)



=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

At this point, I have only sight-read from the score and tried to play and figure out the tablature symbols/musical notations on the 1st and 2nd sections of this new tune I am self-learning. I have not memorized sections 1 or 2 yet. *smile*


No comments:

Post a Comment