Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Video recording: 忆故人 (pinyin: yi gu ren)

Monday night on 22nd July 2013. Strapped on my GoPro headcam and made this video recording of me playing this guqin piece which I just self-learned from the 'Guqin for Kids' book. *smile*

Guqin tune: 忆故人 (pinyin: yi gu ren).

Note: This is not a musical performance. This is merely a raw video recording to spot my own mistakes.

After watching my own video, I realized that I was hesitant in many instances, probably because I was trying to remember the guqin tablature symbols as I was playing this long piece. You could see me fudging --almost making up-- some parts, and turned my head to the right to look at my right hand in the moments that I was unsure of myself.

You may wish to compare my lousy version here with those played by the experts at this other webpage. haha



Note:
If you wish to use this videorecording for analysis or, better yet, criticism for your own research purposes, you have my permission to do so. Please just reference this videorecording as: How, M.L. (2013) A learner's playing of guqin piece 忆故人 Yi Gu Ren, retrieved from http://guqinlearner.blogspot.sg/2013/07/video-recording-pinyin-yi-gu-ren.html

No comments:

Post a Comment