Thursday, January 2, 2014

Using 书法字典 Shu Fa Zi Dian to learn to write Chinese Calligraphy with fude nib fountain pen

Happy New Year! Thanks for visiting my blog! *smile*

In case anyone is wondering how I learned how to use a fude nib fountain pen to write Chinese calligraphy characters, here's how... I have been using this free online dictionary at http://www.shufazidian.com/ to first find out how each single character should look like. This very useful resource was recommended by my former NAFA Chinese calligraphy classmates JuLyn and Kenny.

Subsequently, I would copy that character onto paper with my fude bent nib fountain pen. Yes, it's that simple. Shu Fa Zi Dian rocks! It's very cool! No, I am only a beginner learner in Chinese calligraphy and I do not know how to write without any guide. hahaha *smile*

As you can see in the screenshot below, there is an option in the pull down menu to select "fountain pen" 钢笔. May you enjoy writing Chinese calligraphy too! *smile*

Maybe someone may ask, "What does this have anything to do with guqin?" Well, just in case you need to carve a Chinese poem or a calligraphic seal onto the bottom of your guqin, you may wish to consider checking out http://www.shufazidian.com/ since carving Chinese characters onto the bottom of a guqin has very little tolerance for margins of errors or permanently etched ugly writing. hahaha LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment