Monday, June 11, 2012

Dry Box for Guqin Silk Strings

I bought a small dry box to keep my Guqin silk strings. The humidity in Singapore is very high at around 80 percent. This is supposedly not good for silk strings (or any kind of musical instrument strings; whether metal or silk).

Picture of 4 packets of silk strings and 3 packets of desiccant. 

The 4 packets of Guqin silk strings are wrapped in a plastic bag with 2 packets of desiccant.

There is still lots of room in the dry box.

So I put my other packets of 7-string sets into the dry box. Ernie Ball Super Slinky for my other favorite 7 string musical instrument: Dean 7-string Razorback.

East meets West: all my Guqin 7-string sets, and my Ernie Ball 7-string sets being kept nice, snug and comfy inside the Dry Box.

I also put the old Guqin strings (虎丘 Hu Qiu light gauge) into the Dry Box, since they may come in handy again one day. The humidity level inside the Dry Box is only around 40 percent. Very nice for Guqin silk strings.


No comments:

Post a Comment