Thursday, July 26, 2012

Audio recording of pages 1 to 6 of the piece 梅梢月 MeiShaoYue



[NOTE: Please use ear phones to listen to the sounds of this video recording if you really wish to hear what silk strings on Guqin really sound like. Most puny speakers on notebook computers are unable to play the low bass sounds of the Guqin. Thank you.]

Audio recording of my personal practise session of pages 1 to 6 of the piece 梅梢月 (pronounced in Mandarin as Mei Shao Yue). This is *not* a musical performance. It is just a recording to help me to spot my horrible mistakes. Deliberately played super slowly, as I am still trying to memorise the score notation. At this point in July 2012, I have had 18 lessons since March 2012 with Guqin Master John Thompson (www.silkqin.com). He's a very patient and excellent teacher. It really helps that he can explain guqin concepts to me in English.


No comments:

Post a Comment