Thursday, July 19, 2012

Video 12: 梅梢月 MeiShaoYue pages 1 to 6, practise session #7



[NOTE: Please use ear phones to listen to the sounds of this video recording if you really wish to hear what silk strings on Guqin really sound like. Most puny speakers on notebook computers are unable to play the low bass sounds of the Guqin. Thank you.]


Video 12: 梅梢月 MeiShaoYue pages 1 to 6 (out of total of 8 pages of score notation, prepared by my teacher American Guqin Master John Thompson). This video recording helps me to spot my horrible mistakes.


At this point, I am still a beginner learner who had merely 17 lessons with Guqin Master John Thompson, who is living in Singapore. I have been learning to play 梅梢月 since the beginning of May 2012. It has been almost 2 months of learning this beautiful piece. Progress has been slow on my part, but very enjoyable.


Guqin used: Entry-level 幽兰空谷 model manufactured by Jun Tian Fang 均天坊, which is headed by Master Guqin maker Wang Peng 王鹏 in Beijing, China.


Silk strings used: Jin Hu brand, thick gauge, which is purchased from Taobao.com. For information of how I purchased these silk strings through a Singapore-based Taobao agent, please click here.


Head mounted video camera used: GoPro HD Hero2





No comments:

Post a Comment