Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Calligraphy class - 20 character poetry - Bai Ri Yi Shan Jin

20 character poetry written in calligraphy class in NAFA on Tuesday night. After folding the paper, I used 2 hours just to write this one piece. I took lots of tiny breaks in between. haha

I suppose after writing slowly and deliberately for hundreds of times, I hope that I'd be able to write poetry at *normal* speed. *smile*

Each character is about the size of a small cheeseburger. You can see the size of the US Letter sized book (on the left in the picture) next to the finished calligraphy piece. LOL

The objective is to write the characters so that none of the characters looks mis-aligned out of place, or horribly written. haha

The space on the left is reserved for the purpose of Luo Kuan 落款 (writing the poet's name, the year, my name, etc. in smaller size characters, and finally affixing of the two name seals).

At this point, this is the first week of the 4th term in NAFA. There are 10 weeks in each term in NAFA, which means I have attended 29 calligraphy lessons so far (I missed 2 lessons).


No comments:

Post a Comment