Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!


Today is Thanksgiving Day. (3rd Thursday of November).

2012 has been a very good year. President Obama won his re-election, I got to learn how to play Guqin from my teacher John Thompson, and learn how to write Chinese calligraphy, and use brushes and colors for Chinese painting in Singapore's NAFA, and I got to interview many famous shakuhachi Japanese flute master teachers from the North America, Japan, Australia, and Europe. It's been a pleasure and a humbling experience to learn so much from so many people. I also want to thank my PhD dissertation supervisor Prof Peter de Vries for his guidance in this challenging but exciting journey. I sincerely give thanks for all these blessings.

As for me, I'd probably celebrate it tonight by watching a football game at http://gamepass.nfl.com while eating Chinese food.

Wholesome family entertainment, watching big mucho men crashing-together-flipping-through-the-air. Touchdown! Of course, there's also real football played by real women!

No, I am not American. Yes, I know I am an Asian living in Singapore. But sorry, no I'm not a soccer fan. Sorry, soccer fans. Yes, it's football, not soccer, that excites me and millions like me around the world.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

While you're toasting your good fortunes, don't forget to pay it forward. If you can please gift generously to Phil Nyokai James, he's a shakuhachi Japanese flute teacher who suffered a stroke. He's married with a child. You can donote to help him at http://homegrown-hope.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment