Wednesday, November 21, 2012

START OF BLOG SERIES - MEMORY and learning GUQIN


After learning how to play the guqin for about 9 months (from mid March 2012 until late November 2012), in the coming weeks, I will embark on a new series of blog posts about the role that my memory system plays in my learning of guqin.

Specifically, I will document my struggles, analyze my own lived experiences, reflect on them and comment about how the different components of my memory system, such as episodic memory (also known as autobiographic memory), semantic memory (memory of facts), procedural memory (also known as muscle memory) interact to form long and short term memories.

I will attempt to explore some better methods that may help me to memorize new guqin pieces, which has been a constant struggle for me.

So please stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment